by Ibrahim Saidi Read the Original
Steve Jobs was drawn to the concept of "impute," which suggests that people's judgement of a company or product is based on the signals it displays. He focused on the small details, like the beauty of the unseen parts, to create products of great quality before chasing profits. This should serve as a reminder to focus on good design, and to consider how we can use signals to make life more user-friendly.
- Pay attention to the small details in a product to create something of great quality.
- Care passionately about good design.
- People form an opinion of a company or product based on the signals it conveys.
- It is more important to make great products before chasing profits.
- Consider how signals can be used to make life more user-friendly.
- Summary Notes
- Key Learnings
- Steve Jobs' Legacy: Caring Passionately About Good Design
- Unlocking Life's Possibilities with Steve Jobs' Wisdom
Steve Jobs' Legacy: Caring Passionately About Good Design
Steve Jobs was fascinated by the concept of "impute," which emphasizes that people form an opinion of a company or product based on the signals it conveys. He cared about the small details, like the beauty of the parts unseen, which showed that his team were real artists. His focus on making great products before chasing profits is a reminder to care passionately about good design. “We will truly understand their needs better than any other company.” To create a great product, companies must have an intimate understanding of the customer and their needs. This requires taking the time to truly listen and empathize with the customer.
Unlocking Life's Possibilities with Steve Jobs' Wisdom
We need to learn from Steve Jobs and ask ourselves how can we make life more user-friendly by understanding the signals that it gives us. “In order to do a good job of those things that we decide to do, we must eliminate all of the unimportant opportunities.” To create something amazing, you need to focus on the important tasks and eliminate distractions. It is important to be able to prioritize and focus on the tasks that will make the biggest impact.